This program is the perfect opportunity for employees to develop professionally by building strategic relationships and gaining a broader perspective of DOT’s mission and future. It also provides DOT employees with another opportunity to address their development needs, as expressed in the Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey regarding training opportunities and assessments. Built on the sharing of ideas and experience, mentoring plays a critical role in helping employees by enhancing their careers. On a larger scale, mentors will have an opportunity to leave their legacy and build the next generation of leaders at DOT. The DOT Mentoring Program allows mentors and mentees a chance to establish their own level of formality that best meets their professional needs and time commitments.
DOT is currently soliciting for both mentees (GS-15 and below or equivalent) and mentors (all employees). The deadline for applications is Friday, July 24, 2020 and mentees and mentors must have their supervisor’s endorsement.
Participants begin the 8-month formal program on Monday, August 3, 2020 with a comprehensive matching process followed by formal training. From there, an average of two to four hours per month is devoted to the mentoring relationship.
We encourage everyone to apply to be a part of DOT Mentoring Program as either a mentor or a mentee. To learn more about the benefits, roles, and selection criteria, click on the link: http://dotnet.dot.gov/employeeservices/docs/DOT-2020-Mentoring-Program-Brochure-final.pdf
To apply to the DOT Mentoring Program as a Mentee or Mentor
Applying is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Click on or copy and paste the following link into your web browser to apply:
2. Complete a short questionnaire expressing why you are interested in being a mentee or mentor. The last question will ask for your biographical sketch/profile.
3. Click I’m Done to obtain your supervisor's endorsement and learn about next steps.
If you have trouble accessing the website from the link above:
· Go to www.mentoringconnection.com
· Click on the Not A Member Yet? button and enter the Group ID: DOT